· Prepares sales quotations and commercial proposals on behalf of the company for its customers and projects, optimizing costs, observing requested deadlines and maintaining quality standards.
· Interface with colleagues, suppliers and customers to resolve any price, certification, technical, quality issues relating to submitted offers or proposals.
· Obtains best possible pricing and commercial terms from bidders / suppliers
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to supplier performance reviews
· Follows up with potential suppliers during preparation phase of tenders or proposals and maintains confidentiality during bidding and evaluation.
· Conducts negotiations with suppliers and customers to ensure that all requirements are fully understood and company proposals meet the customer requirements
· Detailed checking and analysis of bidder / supplier commercial offers, technical specifications and certification requirements.
· Follows up on submitted proposals /bids and obtains feedback from customers.
· Work closely with the procurement function and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Negotiate with suppliers to improve prices and terms of business and review opportunities to make savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
· Complete any subsequent revisions of company proposals at request of customer or management.
· Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
· Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
· Support the purchasing function and other departments to resolve any active order issues.
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
· Prepare reports and updates as and when required
· Conduct ongoing market research to identify potential suppliers
· Compile and provide data relating to supplier performance / engagement as required